What should you do if water damage in Colorado Springs happens to you?
- Make Safety Your First Priority
- Do not use electrical equipment or appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors.
- Never use electrical equipment that has been water damaged, even if you are using it in a dry area.
Stop the Leak or Drip
- Prevent Further Damage
- If the water is coming from a burst or leaking pipe, try to find the closest shut-off valve and turn it off.
- If water is coming in through the roof or broken windows, try to cover as best you can with tarps or plastic sheeting.
Document the Damage
- Take Notes
- Take photos and videos.
- Save all damaged items. Your claims representative may want to inspect them.
- Keep a list of temporary repairs you make.
- Save all claim-related bills and receipts.
Protect Your Belongings
- Clean Up
- Move wet items to drier areas.
- Place aluminum foil, coasters or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove area rugs from the floor. Dyes in carpets can stain flooring, carpeting and wood floors.
- Clean up as much water as possible by mopping or blotting with towels.
- When safe to do so, use fans to circulate air and encourage drying.
Get It Fixed
- After reporting your claim, you can use a water mitigation supplier of your choice to fix the damage. However we recommend using one of our preferred suppliers. Talk to your claims representative about which option is best for you and how to proceed.
We’re on call 24 hours a day, every day.
[sws_blue_box box_size=”610″] Call 1-800 Water Damage Colorado Springs 719-684-9200 [/sws_blue_box]
Cities Served: Avondale | Black Forest | Briargate | Calhan | Canon City | Cascade | Castle Rock | Centennial | Central Colorado Springs | Central Pueblo | Cherry Hills Village | Cimarron Hills | Colorado Springs – Downtown | Colorado Springs- Downtown | Columbine Valley | Divide | East Colorado Springs | East Pueblo | Edgewater | Elizabeth | Englewood | Florence | Florissant | Fountain | Greenwood Village | Highlands Ranch | Ken Caryl Ranch | Lakewood | Larkspur | Littleton | Lone Tree | Manitou Springs | Monument | Mountain View | North Colorado Springs | North Pueblo | Northeast Colorado Springs | Northgate | Northwest Colorado Springs | Old Colorado City | Parker | Penrose | Peyton | Pine | Pueblo – Downtown | Pueblo West | Rock Creek | Security | Sedalia | Sedona – Yavapai | Southeast Colorado Springs | Southwest Colorado Springs | Teller County | University Park | Vineland | West Colorado Springs | Wheat Ridge | Woodland Park | Yoder